Allow Good trip participants have the opportunity to extend their perspectives beyond their borders during our global trips. By developing relationships with local organizations, participants gain personal insight on a variety of topics - including microfinance, entrepreneurship, and social business - through visits and conversations with local experts in these fields. Since 2014, we have offered custom trips alongside Human Connections and Spark Ventures to Nicaragua, Ecuador, and Mexico. Our excursions are a mixture of learning, service, and cultural experiences.
Interested in curating a Global Excursion for your youth? Contact us for more information.
Learning sessions have included:
- Speaking with local small business owners to learn how they have tailored their products to a tourist-centric market
- Visiting a start-up incubator and discussing growth and marketing strategies for social entrepreneurs
- Understanding different education systems and how that impacts quality and quantity of education for youth
Service activities have included:
- Co-leading athletic, art, and adventure workshops during a summer youth camp
- Spanish-English language exchange with primary school students through educational activities
- Preparing and serving meals
- Painting walls, cleaning windows, building shelves, and other infrastructure projects
Cultural experiences have included:
- Visiting local markets, cathedrals, and public squares to understand the history and everyday life of the area
- Seeing environmental reserves via zipline course and canopy walk
- Touring agricultural farms to learn how local commodities like coffee and chocolate are produced
- Snorkeling while learning about local marine life